SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Unexpected Graces

As our Christmas break approaches, it seems like an appropriate time to look back on my time with SPIRITUS. When I started my first year, I didn’t really know exactly what to expect. I only knew that I would have an opportunity to serve, and through that service, to grow in my faith. What I didn’t realize was that in my first year with SPIRITUS, I would become more joyful, more open to the Holy Spirit, and more confident.

In my second year, I’ve seen growth as well. I’m learning more about the Church and more about how best to reach the youth. I’m continuing to develop skills that help me better minister to others. I’m finding an ever deeper desire in my heart to spread the Faith.

I’ve also seen a great response from the youth this year. Last year, learning and growing took up a lot of my focus, but this year I feel a little freer to really see what is happening in the hearts of the youth we minister to. On one retreat, a young woman in my small group expressed that she had no belief in God and did not feel like she could trust any of her peers. But she was willing to share her opinions, and just from that openness, God was able to break down some of the walls she had built between herself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!