SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Most Fulfilling Four Months of My Life

When I first read about SPIRITUS on the internet, I really didn't know what to expect. Now that I have been able to be a part of the SPIRITUS Team, I can say with certainty that what has happened over the course of this Fall semester has been greater than I could have ever thought possible.

SPIRITUS has provided me with an opportunity that is extraordinary: I can center my life wholly and completely on Jesus Christ. From the time I wake up in the morning until the time I fall asleep at night, all that I do is centered on becoming closer to God and imitating Jesus in my life.

There have been struggles on the path, but these struggles are what help me grow so I can become closer to Him in my life. Living in community has kept me accountable for how I live and has helped me maintain my focus on Jesus.

I have grown tremendously as a result of continuous spiritual development and living in community with others who share the same Catholic faith as I do. From daily Mass, to reciting the Liturgy of the Hours, to participating in formation and spiritual direction, I have had the opportunity to grow in Christ and learn to let my soul "magnify the Lord."

And this is what our ministry is all about. While we could never live up to Mary's "magnificat" in its purest sense, we learn to grow closer to God through her and to imitate her in virtue and her devotion to God. By magnifying the Lord, we deliver the message of Christ to the students we meet on retreat, in youth ministry, and Bible study.

We show students an example of how to live an alternative life than the one's preached by the world. We ignite the faith in Catholic youth and kindle the flames for God within their hearts. And for those who do not know Jesus, we introduce them to Him through intellectual, spiritual, and personal experience.

Through evangelizing the youth, I am able to fully live out the Gospels and imitate Jesus Christ like I have never had the opportunity to do before. And for that, I am ever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!