SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Blessings From These Past Four Months


I am not sure if I can put into words just how SPIRITUS has impacted me. It has only been four months but I can honestly say that I have found myself transformed in a more dramatic way than the other twenty two years of my life. I came into SPIRITUS hesitant that this ministry could make a difference in my life and that I could make any impact on the students that I would meet. Boy, was I wrong. SPIRITUS has helped me grow in ways that I didn’t think were imaginable. Our busy schedule filled with prayer, retreats, Bible studies and team bonding has rejuvenated my spirit and filled me with such joy. I find myself at a peace that I have never experienced before. Living and working in community has helped me to develop a servant’s heart and see Jesus in my wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ. Being on retreats has been such a blessing because they have made me rely on the Holy Spirit when I feel unprepared or at a loss for words. The Holy 
Spirit always knows exactly what the students need.

One of the biggest impacts of SPIRITUS on me is seeing how our retreats can be that place where students encounter Jesus in a unique and personal way. I have seen many students leave our retreats with a new glimpse of who Jesus is and how much they are loved. I cannot tell you how many students, after having watched a portion of The Passion of the Christ, have come up to me saying that they can’t believe that Jesus would endure all that pain and suffering for them. Many students do not realize that they are loved with such an overflowing love by God. I know the Holy Spirit is working so immensely when a student walks away from a SPIRITUS retreat knowing that Jesus really does love them. I think that the most important thing a student can take away from a retreat is a personal relationship with Jesus where they find in Him a friend to help them weather whatever may come their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!