SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Life Changing


When I applied for Spiritus, I had no idea how life-changing it truly would be.  Even to this day, it amazes me how transformed I'm really becoming by being apart of this ministry.  Not only does this ministry give us, the team members, a chance to meet and witness to students all throughout the state, but it calls us on to do even more with ourselves--to truly open our hearts to the workings of the Holy Spirit.

I am so grateful to be apart of this ministry! It has truly transformed me into the person I feel God wants me to be.  By being apart of formation days, meetings with my spiritual advisor, living in community, and daily prayer my love for Jesus Christ has truly grown to a depth that I never thought could exist.

What I learn and attain through formation and prayer on the team, I am able to attend to the needs of the students we see on retreat.  At the end of the day, the students are really craving for a real and true witness.  They want to see what "normal" people have gone through and why Jesus is so important.  They need something they can hold on to and grasp.  And that's what I try to do. I try to be completely and totally real with the students. I tell them the experiences I faced growing up and why I needed God in my life.

Majority of the time, I feel like the one being ministered to on retreat. I look at the students we see and it calls me on to love God even more. I am truly honored and blessed to be apart of this life-changing ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!