SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Grace from Prayer


God’s grace has been abundant throughout my life, and especially noticeable while I have been a part of SPIRITUS.  One place on retreat where His grace is especially present is during prayer, and particularly when I have the opportunity to pray one on one with students.  This is a time where I get to have a conversation with an individual student and then to just pray with them.  Often times we will pray with the students from our small groups and I feel so blessed and awed at the openness some people have, even when they start the conversation with I don’t really trust people, or I don’t like talking about myself to people.  I know that God is working within them when they start to tell me things that they have never told anyone before.  Prayer is a time for them to open up and not to just tell me, but to tell God, and to just ask for help. 

Recently I had a specific one on one prayer that was very much filled with grace.  I was praying with an eighth grader who was so stressed out.  She came up to pray with me and when I asked what she wanted to pray about she told me about all the pressures she faces to succeed in everything she does, and how she is already worried about college.  She walked away with relief because she was finally able to talk about everything.  It was so wonderful to see that desire within her to continue to do all she was doing but also to have a closer relationship with God. It’s moments like this when I remember that I am so lucky to be here, because God is able to work through all the students I meet to show me himself and His love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!