SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Pentecost Send-off

Today not only is Pentecost, the birthday of the Church, it is also the first official day of SPIRITUS being over for the year.  We had our end of the year Gala yesterday and it was a beautiful way to close the year.  Pentecost weekend is a fitting time for this Gala, because we tell the story of Pentecost on every confirmation retreat, and how the disciples were given courage and direction from the Holy Spirit to be sent forward to share the good news of Jesus, which is what are all called to do.  

Tonight Rachel and I went to the St. Maria Goretti house for a Pentecost party.  Fr. Jewl and his brother Fr. Joseph from the Fathers of Mercy were both there, as well as two sisters from the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal.  It was so beautiful to see these four religious living out their vocation with such joy! We started talking about how all women are called to be spiritual mothers no matter what your vocation is.  As we were about to leave one of the young sisters came up to Rachel and I, and said she would pray for us, and not only that but asked what she could pray about for us.  This was so touching to see her compassion and joy radiate from her in such a sincere way.  This was the perfect way to end my year here on SPIRITUS because it helped me to reflect on the year.  Tonight has helped me to see how much I have grown, but also has given me another guide and role model to look to in the faith; to be around everyone who comes to the Goretti House, so that when I leave I can look at my encounters with them as Jesus working through each one of them to share His love to me and everyone they meet!

God Bless, and have a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!