SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Graces From Above



As I reflect back on these past couple of months on SPIRITUS, I am in AWE of God's endless grace.  God gives us graces each and every day, sometimes we just have to pay close attention.  There is one moment that stands out the most, it happened during a confirmation retreat during 1:1 prayer with a student. The student was struggling with letting go of the past, and a broken heart. As we invited the Holy Spirit to be part of our prayer, I felt a sense of peace and calmness. Moments before the retreat ended, she came up to me and proceeded to share her experience. "You remembered when we prayed, I felt a sense of peace overcome my being, I think it was Jesus Christ." I didn't know how to respond, I was in awe, just smiled. I believe that, that was a glimpse of His love, a miracle in itself, He comes and meets us where we are at with our wounds takes them to the cross. 

Even though several of the teammates' have said it, I'll say it again, SPIRITUS is with out a doubt a grace in itself. In every aspect: prayer, community living, spiritual direction, learning and growing from formation, seeing the youth on retreats and bible studies. It gives all of us who come to SPIRITUS, team members and youth a voice. On SPIRITUS I found my voice, this ministry has made my heart come alive, for that I am eternally grateful.  

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful, Julie. Thanks for mentioning spiritual direction. It was a grace for me to share with you. Sending prayers for all SPIRITUS members this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!