SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Going in Peace

Wow! It has been an amazing, incredible, awesome year here at SPIRITUS!

We ended our year, fittingly, on Pentecost, a great day to be sent forth. Our final numbers for the year are 5,263 youth evangelized on 149 retreats. But we also led several Bible Studies throughout the year and reached a lot of youth through our Youth Ministry at St. Patrick's Parish in Menasha, so I can confidently say that SPIRITUS reached over 5300 youth this year! Praise the Lord!

As I look back on a great year, I can't help but be thankful. God has really blessed me in my second year on the team, and I have grown a lot from the new challenges and opportunities that come from being a Servant Leader. However, it's also time to look ahead!

I'm very excited about next year because I will be returning to serve as Coordinator for SPIRITUS Team 5!

We will actually have two different teams next year, one at Mt. Tabor Center in Menasha and the other focused on Youth Ministry at Resurrection Parish in Green Bay. Our Mt. Tabor Center team will continue with Youth Ministry at St. Patrick's, and we're looking to reach even more youth through those efforts in the coming year. I will be in Green Bay, launching our ministry there.

Before all that starts up in August, things might be a little quiet here, as Team 4 has now dispersed. However, we are still in the mission field! Rachel, Karissa, Julie, and Callie are all involved with Totus Tuus, a summer Catholic youth program, and Robbie is walking across America with Crossroads. I'll be returning home to Florida to get some much-needed rest (and to really brush up on some spiritual reading--Blessed John Paul II's Theology of the Body!).

I'll be ready to hit the ground running when I return in August. Until then, Peace!

P.S. We are still looking for two more men to join SPIRITUS Team 5. If you are a faith-filled man between the ages of 21 and 29, please prayerfully consider embarking upon a great adventure of evangelization and personal growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!