SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Moment of Grace


Those moments where you are on retreat in front of a bunch of students sharing your personal witness are always moments full of God’s grace. I know that if God isn’t strengthening me and supplying me with many graces, I won’t be able to open my heart to these kids and share the joys and the suffering of my past and what I am going through today. I desperately need God’s grace in order to be vulnerable and open which is the foundation of this ministry. The moments where my witness has personally affected a student are, by far, some of the greatest gifts that I’ve received by God. One of these instances has been ingrained in my head for many months. In one of our first retreats of the year, we did a retreat where I shared a really personal witness that I had not shared many times before. Later when we were praying one on one with the students I felt drawn to pray with a certain girl from my small group. I start talking to her and she told me that she went through the same thing I went through. I was able to pray with her which led her to start crying and I had to wipe away a few tears as well. It was at that moment that I was reminded that the Holy Spirit works in such amazing ways! I also realized just how important this ministry is. The fact that one student was impacted by my witness makes all the suffering I went through completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!