SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Taking a Break for SPIRITUS

As I enter deeper into my year of service with SPIRITUS, I can’t help but reflect on how my life has changed. A year ago if you asked me what my year to come would look like, I would have said taking classes. Instead I am in Wisconsin giving a year to the Lord to learn, grow, and bring others closer to him. When I told people I was taking a year off of school many assumed school got overwhelming and I needed a break. To be honest, I did need a break but not because my grades were regressing or school was becoming overwhelming. I needed a break to recenter myself in Christ. I was getting so caught up in making my school’s requirements that I was losing sight of why I was in school.
SPIRITUS has brought things back into perspective for me. Everything we do here revolves around faith and our relationship with God. It is a much needed reminder that everything we do at all times should be directed towards him.The lessons I have learned here will not transfer to my transcript but they will transfer to my life. No matter what career we have we are called to bring others closer to Christ. This year has given me the opportunity to do just that. How to relay God’s love is a lesson I will never tire of using.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” -Philippians 4:13

-Gemma Cowan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!