SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Catching God Winks



Sweet silence. Finally, we had gotten to the best part of my day: Adoration. I had the best view, I could see Jesus perfectly between two of my teammates, each sitting a few rows ahead of me. It was quiet, peaceful, and...quiet, it was quiet. Ahhhh… Just as i was settling into my pew and thanking God for affording these small luxuries, it happens. The two teammates who had been sitting perfectly far enough apart in order for me to have a clear view of Jesus in the monstrance both started fidgeting.

“AHHHHHH!!!! No! Wait! Stop! I can’t see Him!” The words tied to my tongue, unable to escape. Instead of disrupting Adoration for everyone else I decided to noiselessly slide slightly to the left in order to regain a clear view. The momentary crisis had passed and I could begin praying. Phew! That was a close one, or so I thought, but then it happened again, and again...and again.

After restlessly scooting my keester all the way to the edge of the pew I also reached the end of my patience. “Lord, what do you want from me? Can’t I have any peace?” At that moment it was like the heavens opened and an angel of the Lord descended majestically, kind of like a Michelangelo painting, to give me a clarifying and epiphany inducing bop on the head.

Inwardly there developed a sudden case of the giggles, but being that I was sitting in Adoration it was reduced to a silent chuckle. The silliness of the situation finally sank in; the three of us were slowly wiggling closer to Jesus.
-Annastasia Eftink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!