SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Putting On God’s Armor

I have come to appreciate much more our uniform here at SPIRITUS.  At first I saw it more as simply our professional attire that makes the team easily visible while on retreat.  I saw our black t-shirts and khaki pants or blue polos as sort of home and away jerseys.  I remember great excitement in suiting up, similar to that of taking the field for the first time but this excitement can easily wear thin, and I began to overlook the great privilege of wearing the bird on the blue (I allude to the birds on the bat if you are a St. Louis Cardinals fan like myself).  
Recently though I took a good look again at that bird, the dove, representing the Holy Spirit and I am reminded that it is God who has clothed me in this uniform.  Every time my SPIRITUS teammates and I put on those black shirts we are claiming that we are willing to fight and die for Christ Jesus.  We are putting on the armor God has fashioned for us.  I am reminded of the following words of the apostle.
Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens. Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace.  In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all [the] flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” Ephesians 6: 10-17
Most importantly, I am reminded to pray to the Holy Spirit for His guidance and direction, to let Him form our strategy and call the plays, so that I may bring the abundant love of Jesus to all I meet that day.
“With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit. To that end, be watchful with all perseverance and supplication for all the holy ones” Ephesians 6:18

May we always remain in the Love of Christ,
Zachery Feldker

Bishop and Me.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!