SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Little Reminders

Wednesdays are typically weird. The Youth Ministers are off at their parishes for youth ministry and everyone else is scurrying around to get ready for the evening Faith on Fires, mini retreats for Faith Formation classes. However, March 2nd was an especially crazy Wednesday. We had four Faith on Fires (FOF) for a Catholic Elementary to Middle school in Little Chute and then some of us had another FOF in Horicon about an hour drive away. I was blessed to be on all five retreats that day, getting to interact with over 150 students that day! To my surprise and amazement, the day went incredibly fast and went very smoothly.

That evening at the end of our last FOF, I was saying my goodbyes to the students when one of them came up to me for a hug. He was a great kid and had participated throughout the retreat. Something urged me to give him the rosary bracelet that I had been wearing that evening, so I did. The look of complete surprise and utter joy on his face was more than words can express. And when he found out that he could pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet, which he had just learned on the retreat, his face just started beaming.

The look on that little boy’s reminds me why I am here on Spiritus and just how much of an impact such a small action can make for someone.

God bless,
Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!