SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Friday, April 29, 2016

Last Sunday, I woke up to a beautiful day. The sun was just rising, as I started getting ready for our in-house retreat. I was excited (and a little nervous) for my first team leading experience! However, as the students started trickling in the door, something seemed a little off. This seemed more apparent to me as I started talking to the students.

"Hey, how are you guys doing this morning?" I asked with a smile

"Good." The students at my table replied.

My voice changed to empathetic. "Tired?" 

"Honestly, we don't even want to be here this morning. Nobody does." One girl voiced and the others nodded in agreement. 

I was completely taken aback. Nobody had ever been this honest about their upset. I was a little concerned that the students weren't going to be open if they felt this way; so I did the only thing I could think of. I prayed to the Holy Spirit and Our Lady; and it is amazing how they worked in them. 
All of our small group discussions went over time, because the students wanted to keep talking, most of the students in my small group saw the "Passion of the Christ" movie for the first time and were hit by it, and there were a lot of tears during one on one prayer (tears of healing). By the end, students were thanking us and their evaluations were great.
Truly, when we put everything in God's hands, all worries, the Lord takes care of everything. I thank God for all of these students and gift of this lesson. Praise be to God!

--Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!