SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Life Changer

SPIRITUS has been life changing for me in providing me not only with professional opportunities for training and growth but also personal formation which leads to a well-balanced and virtuous life style. Learning the ins and out of retreat planning and execution as well as understanding the logistical side of youth ministry is practical knowledge I will take forward from here. However, my time spent in prayer, personal and communal, and, my interaction with the students, accompanying them in their doubts and troubles, are the things that call me out of myself. These experiences allow me to fortify my life in the Lord and live through him, receiving his love and pouring it out on those who desperately need it. Living this day by day and outwardly seeking to give my life over to the mission of SPIRITUS and to God has shown me that I am to be a vessel for God and has challenge me to continually be a living witness of joy and love. It is such a privilege to give this time and build his church.

One of the reasons this work is so rewarding for me is because time and time again I see the impact it is having on the students we encounter. Just recently, in a bi-weekly faith sharing group, I asked the students if they could think of someone in their life who is joyful and upbeat and just someone they enjoyed being around, who they could really be themselves around. One of the girls simply responded, “That’s why I come here.” In providing a safe space for students to ask questions and explore our faith but ultimately, to leave feeling built up and accepted for who they are in a world that tears us down continually and tells us we are not enough is priceless. I am so thankful for the opportunity to do his work. All for his greater glory!

-Mikayla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!