SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Friday, January 29, 2016

Vessels of Love

Do you want to know a secret? The honest truth is I don't always feel like I impact the students. There are youth that come to retreats totally closed off and we have some who come in and are very quiet the entire time. Sometimes, it is difficult to see whether or not they are getting anything out of their day. However, as the feedback coordinator, which is really just a fancy title for the person who sits at a computer recording anonymous evaluations the retreatants had regarding how they thought the retreat went, I really find that they are taking a lot more away from their time with us than I thought. 
Here are some of my favorite responses:
 - "People close to God are full of joy" 
 - Something this person liked best about the retreat was "feeling not alone" 
 - 158 retreatants said their favorite part of the retreat was small groups 
 - "I want to be as involved in my faith as they are" 
 - "Confession actually helps"

Honestly, I have learned that I am simply a "vessel of love" as a friend of mine has put it. The Holy Spirit is the one who works, and our seed planting is doing something, whether we realize it at the time or not. 


-Tina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!