SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

In Awe

Hello blog readers!

You know the feeling where you are just so in awe of God's grace and thankful for how He takes care of everything even when you feel ill-equipped? Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I experienced that this past Sunday.

As we've mentioned before, we help with youth ministry programs at three parishes. I help at St. Patrick's in Menasha and I have been through my three years on Spiritus. It has been such a huge blessing to get to know so many at the parish, especially all the wonderful students there. We've done many events with the youth at St. Patrick's over the years but I've had this voice in my head that keeps saying, "these students need to go on a mission trip!" I went on three mission trips in high school and LOVED them all. They were monumental moments in my life where my faith grew tremendously. I've been wanting that for these students at St. Patrick's for awhile now.

Well finally it's happening! Four students from the parish are heading with the Diocese to Hancock County, Mississippi to help with Hurricane Katrina relief this June. I'm so excited for them!! I've been the one getting the ball rolling with the mission trip at St. Patrick's and although I've never taken the lead on a big trip like this, I've had the Holy Spirit helping me out so much.

Fundraising is a big part of trips and what I've been most anxious about. But the Holy Spirit provides! This past Sunday we had a stock sale fundraiser at the parish and it was amazing! The parish was so unbelievably generous and the students took ownership of the sale. Most of the time I just stood back in awe of the beauty of the scene; the beauty of generous hearts in both the parishioners and the students alike. This was a beautiful reminder to me to not worry about failing or being ill-equipped but to trust in the Lord and His goodness. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!