SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Friday, March 27, 2015

Anchored in Christ


  "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain..." 
Hebrews 6:19


   This past weekend God blessed me with an overwhelming amount of love and joy on retreat. I can honestly say I was not prepared to be so happy and so filled with the Holy Spirit. (Not that God's love should surprise me...but it always does!) I remember at the end of the retreat we were all sitting in the chapel, all (60+?) of us, and I just imagined the whole thing underwater and God encasing us with an anchor, and there we all were... Together, as a family that had just met 24 hours ago, we were anchored together in Christ. It is amazing to feel God’s unconditional love radiate from all the teens. 

     That is what the ministry is all about. The Holy Spirit taking hold and encasing us all in His love. Letting each one of us, each a unique child of God, understand just how perfect we are in God’s eyes! We may not always have these retreats that just “click” but when we do, SPIRITUS is so blessed to see the amazing fruits of the ministry! 

     This all being said, every single retreat has been a blessing. Each one has it's own moment that makes the rest of my week melt away and allows me to surrender everything to God. The teens are absolutely amazing. SPIRITUS is a true grace from God. I could not wish for a better place to be, God's will (as always) is better than I could have ever imagined. We are all all anchored in Christ, and He will always have our back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!