SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Stories from Music City!

Hello Faithful Blog Readers!

I'm finally getting around to writing this blog post that I've been dying to write. I don't know how I'm going to contain all I want to tell you in a few paragraphs but I'll try really hard.

The beginning of 2015 was pretty memorable for a few of us team members. We spent it in Nashville at the SEEK2015 Conference. The conference was for college students from all over the nation (there were over 10,000 of them there!) and the days were filled with top Catholic speakers, Mass, confession, adoration, games, fun and more. Oh, I almost forgot, SO MANY priests and religious sisters and brothers were there. Praise the Lord! I don't know how you can see so many priests and religious and not smile. Plus, a few of the sisters across the hall from us brought a mini basketball hoop and a basketball. Who says being Catholic isn't fun?!

Are you wondering why SPIRITUS was there? Well, we had a booth to let the many, many, many college students know about this hidden gem of a ministry here in Wisconsin.We had a ton of students from all over the country come stop by our booth and learn more about SPIRITUS. It was a beautiful sight! Plus we gave away free t-shirts so who knows there could be someone states away wearing a blue SPIRITUS shirt at this exact moment. That'd be pretty cool!

Not only did we talk with many college students but we also had the opportunity to hear many of the amazing speakers. The wonderful speakers that I was lucky enough to see included Sister Mary Gabriel, Lisa Cotter, Matt Fradd, Abby Johnson, Dr. Timothy Gray, and more! We also heard Father Mike Schmitz talk on the Eucharist. It was incredible - here's the link to his talk: http://vimeo.com/115924659 (I might have been Father Mike Schmitz obsessed all conference!) The last night we even got to see comedian Jim Gaffigan! If you haven't heard of him - youtube him and then proceed to laugh nonstop.

Overall it was an AMAZING conference and I'm so blessed to have been able to attend. I'll leave you with a few pictures that I found from the conference...


                                                   The line for the Sacrament of Confession!

This is just the women!

                                                      



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!