SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Monday, January 14, 2013

Sister Bay

So this weekend, our team was split. We had 4 retreats over a 2-3 day period. Kind of crazy! I spent Saturday with Jared, Julie, and Robbie at Winnconne and then we traveled 2 hours up North to Door County to a town called Sister Bay.

I have to say, we have such an amazing opportunity on SPIRITUS to travel around to some awesome places. Sister Bay is literally a place I would love to live for the rest of my life.  This area is right at the tip of the peninsula of Wisconsin (as seen in the image below), surrounded by the beauty of Lake Michigan on either side of it.

As soon as we drove into this quaint town, I knew there was something special about it.  You could definitely tell it was a tourist town. Although the streets were completely abandoned, I could imagine all the cars lined-up on the main stretch to catch a fireworks display for the the 4th of July weekend. I could almost hear the faint laughter of children as they ran down to the bay to dive into the Great Lake.  But in the dead of winter, everything was quiet. Even the nearby gas station was closed and it was 7pm on a Saturday!

The "Pin-Point" is where some of our team got to visit this past weekend. 

We spent the night at the house right next to the church. And in the morning, we made our way to Stella Maris Parish to reach out to the Confirmation candidates. On our way over, I looked off into the distance and I saw the start of Lake Michigan, which took my breath away--we had gotten in the night before and it was too dark to see the vast lake.  I was standing on a little hill which elevated my sight even more and I thoroughly appreciated this.

Being out in nature, seeing the beauty clearly and delicately designed by God touches my heart so greatly. I was able to appreciate this even more after spending the whole day with such an awesome group of students.  The connection we made with that parish and the youth of that parish made me feel as if I were a true native of Sister Bay, and we only spent maybe 14 hours there altogether!

I think I left a bit of my heart in Sister Bay, with the Confirmation candidates at Stella Maris Parish. I hope God continues to pour out his blessings upon you all. Thank you for sharing the beauty of your town with me! My heart is truly grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!