SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Friday, February 3, 2017

More than Just Post Grad Service…


     I remember my freshmen year in college when I discovered my calling to work in the Church, and as a result I wanted to talk to my campus minister about the next steps I had to take to become a campus minister myself. As I talked to her she mentioned doing post grad service and told me about Catholic Volunteer Network where I later ended up finding SPIRITUS. As my senior year came around I felt nervous about coming to Wisconsin, was this place the place where I was called to be? Would I be happy or fulfilled here? As I came to SPIRITUS I found myself, as one of my other teammates says, "in a school of love." There were its challenges but also its joys and as a second year I can say with a sincere heart that this place has fulfilled me more than I could imagine. SPIRITUS has offered me a greater privilege in abandoning myself to Christ everyday and to not live a life of comfort in the sense of doing what I want but a life of greatness through the small actions of love everyday. When I first came to SPIRITUS I found it hard in some areas to adjust to a life that is not of this world but is living a supernatural calling (for this is not a life that most people my age would choose but is a life that is blessed by God). As a second year returner I have found my heart being purified slowly and becoming more of the best version of myself. For example, before SPIRITUS I thought I had pretty good morals but as my heart continues to be formed I find myself having a high definition of what it means to live a holy life. In SPIRITUS there is a greater calling of living of letting every action I do glorify God, whether it's in my sleeping, what I'm listening to and watching in today's media, and even how I talk to people in the fast food line (as we have handed out divine mercy cards before at a popular fast food chain called Culver's!). No matter where God is calling you though I just encourage you to Not Be Afraid for Christ wants to fulfill the deepest desires of your heart! Trust in his Divine Mercy in your life and you will not be let down! Come Holy Spirit! I will be praying for you!

     -Christen Sheffer

                                   (SPIRITUS Team 8 with Mother Mary Catherine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!