SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Abandonment To Divine Providence

You’re not suppose to be in charge. Not everything is about you. Scary thoughts, huh? These two blunt statements have shaken my world over the past few years. Spending all my time worrying what’s going to happen step by step, day by day, year, by year… you get the picture. I thought if I was to make all the decisions that I could predict the outcome and it would be the “safest” option. To my surprise, this wasn’t the case. Time after time I would take control and end up on my face. I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong.

Then I learned of this amazing solution that has completely changed my life. Abandonment to Divine Providence. So what does this mean? Your vocation, your career, your friends, family, belongings, future, give it all to the one that has created you. He has an amazing plan and He loves you. How do we do it? I’m still trying to figure that out myself, but everyday I make the conscious decision to “cast all my cares on Him who cares for me” - Peter 5:7 and allow the Holy Spirit to be my “Divine GPS”.

If anything, remember that His plan is so, so much better than anything we could throw together. Let Him do the work, and let us be His instruments. Come, Holy Spirit.

“So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” - Matthew 6:31-34
-Alexa Harbor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!