SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Monday, October 3, 2016

You Don’t Have to Work for Love


Slow down, child
You don’t have to work for love
any more


One thing that I am being reminded of more and more lately is that I don’t have to work for love. I don’t have to be perfect, say or do the right thing in order to receive God’s love. God isn’t waiting for me to do the right thing to love me. Because he loves me in my brokenness.
But God shows His love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8

This isn’t always easy for me to remember. In the business of my daily life, living in community, and preparing for retreats and events, I often forget that I don’t have to impress the Father with my works. I simply have to be and to allow Him to love me. Unfortunately, sometimes He has to remind me in more dramatic ways that I am loved as I am for who I am, not for what I do. Thank goodness my salvation and His love don’t depend upon how good I am, because I would never be able to measure up.


So slow down, child.
Let Him love you.
You don’t have to work for His love.
Just be with Him.
Let Him love you.


Mikayla Uchytil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!