SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Friday, May 6, 2016

Praising the Lord in Song

King David was an amazing man of God; He fought for God, slayed giants for Him, and united the Lord’s people to Him. All this said, I say that His most manly accomplishment was writing the psalms and pouring out his heart for the Lord and growing in relationship with Him. Some of my favorite shows the absolute vulnerability he had with the Lord. We can unite our souls with his sorrows and joys when finding forgiveness and falling deeply in love with the Lord when praying with the psalms! He also teaches us that we can speak and even sing what is going on in our souls and be vulnerable with the Lord. As for myself, I find I connect through praise and worship and with songs of praise as well. I can pour out my pain or joy through the words and notes that with the Holy Spirit become a beautiful prayer of the heart. Over the past couple of years I have had many opportunities to develop and fall deeply in love with the Holy Spirit by leading and even on my own, doing praise and worship. SPIRITUS has given me both the time and helped motivate me to become a better musician and lover of the Lord by discovering this Charism that the Lord has given me!

--Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!