SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Friday, May 6, 2016

Come, Holy Spirit!

 "So when the apostles were with Jesus, they kept asking him, “Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?”
He replied, “The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” -Acts1:6-8

There are several things in this world that make me jump for joy, and the Holy Spirit is NUMBER ONE! Today starts the Novena to the Holy Spirit (link below for more information) which happens to end on my FAVORITE day of the year, Pentecost, which is also Team Seven's last day. Can you believe it? Just as the Apostles were sent out, so must we, as a team spread the truth and beauty of Christ and His church! But I am getting a bit ahead of myself; first we must wait.

It can be terribly difficult to wait. I know for myself, being a "Martha" I want to go, go, go and forget that in the waiting He is doing great things. Let us abandon our anxieties to the cross and wait in joyful anticipation for His promise of the Spirit-- the Spirit of CHARITY, of PEACE, of HOPE and of FAITH!

Please keep our team in your prayers as we conclude our year together. We have grown into quite the little family, and though we will meet in the Eucharist, it will definitely be hard to say goodbye to those not returning to Team 8. Thank you all for your loving support of our mission. We pray for you all each day.

Christ's peace!
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!