SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Friday, May 6, 2016

Little Moments to Make a Big Impact

When you going SPIRITUS there are a lot of things that we as team members get, clothes and a water bottle and a community that becomes family, but the one thing you do not get is a job description. When I signed up to join a core of young adult retreat ministers I had and idea what that meant, but I have never been much of a person for big moments, I really prefer to be behind the scenes. So the spot light of witnessing on retreat ministry has really been pushing me out of my comfort zone. Every big moment on retreat is a real struggle for me, and so the idea of getting up and talking in front of an entire congregation to spread the mission sounded kind of mortifying to me. I couldn't see the way to have small moments in a big parish, but as much as I have loved the interactions with students on retreats, some of my favorite moments of this ministry have been the one on ones I have had with people of all ages in the gathering spaces of churches throughout Wisconsin.   

--Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!