SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Trust Without Borders

Back in December, my Spiritus teammates and I attended a Healing Mass with Fr. Peter Mitchell in Greenville. The Mass was beautiful and adoration afterword was AMAZING! But what really stands out to me from that night was the prayer time I got to have with one of the prayer teams. I waited and watched the various prayer teams, waiting for my turn as well as trying to figure out which one I wanted to pray with. I ended up going with a team of three women, they placed their hands on me and prayed. It was really beautiful, and at one point during their prayer, one of the women told me to look up, listen and then tell her what was the first thing to pop into my mind. At that exact moment, I had been starting to pick out the song being played by the band. It was incredible as I took a moment to just let the lyrics of the song “Oceans” soak in, speak truth to my heart, and truly become a prayer from my heart to the Holy Spirit. Since that moment, the bridge of the song has become a prayer for me each time I hear the song.


“Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior”
Which then begs the question, do I trust God without any boarders, limitations, or any other type of restriction? Do I follow when he calls my name? Or do I let the wind and waves deter me from stepping out on that water to follow him?
-Mikayla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!