SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Friday, March 4, 2016

Lord, We Need You!

 I am so happy to be a part of Spiritus and it's incredibly important mission. In working with the students on retreats, I can tell that their hearts yearn for something more, and we just show them what it is that they are really longing for, whether they realize it or not. We create an atmosphere where they feel free to be themselves and can be honest at where they’re at in their faith without being judged. We meet them where they’re at and allow ourselves to simply be instruments of God’s love for them, because He takes over from there and I’ve seen what He can do with that. I want these students to know that they are enough for God, enough for Him to die for them, and to show them that their dignity and worth do not come from anything but their identities as children of God. Because I feel that so many people feel lost because they don’t see that and don’t truly believe that they are loved with a love so great that we can’t understand it.
    
These months with Spiritus have impacted me a great deal too, such as by helping me surrender myself to God and showing me just how much I really need Him. I quickly learned that I need to stop depending on myself, but to give myself over to Him completely each day, to rely on Him and on His strength to guide me because I can do none of this without Him. This has been a challenge for me sometimes, but I’ve been pushed to grow in so many ways, especially in my trust in God, trust that He knows what He’s doing and that He’ll give me what I need to do His work each day. 

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!