SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Community Life in Green Bay

Many times I have wondered what it would be like to live in a faith based community. Sure, I contemplated it as a part of religious life and how it would be a sacrifice and a challenge to be in community in order to experience this, but I didn’t think I would have the opportunity or that it would happen like it has. The experience of faith based community has been something I have longed for. Sometimes this yearning wasn’t evident to me, but I think it has been growing and rising in me ever since high school started and now I am living the experience I had thought about but not really given much hope for! I can assuredly say, even after two months, that faith community is a blessing, challenging, and yet, oh so beautiful.

We don’t know what we are made of until we challenge ourselves and are given the opportunity to live in a faith-based environment. We can learn about our spirituality and understand where and who we are with through this positive and uplifting environment. The worlds is so quick to tear at us and try to bring us down through personal doubts and peer pressure and now I know how important a like-minded community is to help with those challenges and can hold you accountable to the goals you set.  I have learned more about myself in two months then I did in the past two years! Crazy?! Yes, but so awesome! God sure has a plan for each of us and just looking at how I ended up here is almost a coincidence. J I didn’t and don’t always see how God is working in my life, but just ask me about how I ended up on Spiritus sometime!


I challenge and encourage you to look into your life and see how God has been moving in your lives! It is incredible to look even just a month back and see what God is trying to do. If there isn’t something that comes to mind, maybe ask yourself how you could change that. God is always there but He won’t come unless invited. Invite Him and live!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!