SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Next Chapter in my Storybook Life

Hello, my name is Elizabeth Mary Senkyr and I am a notorious planner. As Spiritus is quickly coming to a close, I am mentally preparing for the next step in life. This transition is hitting me from all angles. If you had asked me four months ago if I was ready to be done, I would’ve answered “Take me home, Minnesota!”. (Retreats were back to back and I missed my family a ton) Now, seeing that we have mere days left, I find myself breaking down in tears in the quiet moments. It’s safe to say a lot is going on. I desire to continue growing in my faith after this, but I’m struggling to figure out how I’ll be able to on my own. Formation was a true blessing. I think about where God is leading me from here and wonder if I’m strong enough to overcome the temptations of moving back into “reality”. Jesus, I trust in You.  I joke that we live in a Catholic bubble here, but it’s not just a bubble anymore. I recognize people everywhere and enjoy chatting with local parishioners after mass. I’m going to miss them. I’m going to miss them all.
I’m not the same person I was when I walked through the front door of MTC on August 14th, 2016. I was super nervous and had no idea what I was getting into, but I knew God brought me here so I was going to do it, and do it well. Needless to say, I’m procrastinating on the whole transition part of this experience. I want God to lead me where I’m meant to go next and so I’m keeping my options open and not making any hardline decisions. I don’t have it all together right now. Actually, I don’t have much of anything together right now, but I do know God does and I’m holding onto the hope that “He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus”. -Philippians 1:6

     -Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!