SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Simplicity

Lately, a big question that I have been asking myself is, “How do I go deeper in my relationship with God?” While I’ve been pondering this question, God sent me an answer through one of our formators, Fr. Luke Ferris who came and shared with us some ways to go deeper with our prayer and confessions.
So how does one work on deepening their prayer and confessions? Fr. Luke shared with us that it involves simplifying our prayer life. He made a point of reminding us that when we will fall, it is essential for us to not just stay down, but to get back up and continue our journey of faith. St. Thérèse of Lisieux talks about being small children who fall and then run back to their Father’s loving arms, not afraid of failure, but embracing it and the Father’s love through it all. This leads to a deeper question, am I willing to let Him help me out of my mistakes and failures? Am I willing to let Him see all my failings and faults and trust that He will still love me? As for me, I want to say I answer yes, but I know my heart has not reached that point yet. Only time and God’s grace will tell when I will be able to say yes with my whole heart. However, this leaves the question for you, the reader, how will you respond to His love?

-Mikayla Uchytil



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!