SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Friday, November 14, 2014

Having a Heart like Mary


     How do I stand in God’s mercy, receive Him daily and not be moved by Him? Well the problem is pretty much in my question. It’s because I am too busy wondering and asking where God is, or what I want Him to change that I do not focus on Him alone. The more I think about this, the more I come to know that when I stop worrying and follow God with a loving heart, everything is good. Mother Mary is the most beautiful representation of this. This past week I have come to realize just how far her love goes for the Lord.

     Worrying is one of my biggest downfalls lately. Worrying can be a good thing but sometimes it just needs to take the back seat. I keep wondering how I can get everything done, will my talk be good enough for someone, will I speak God’s words, did I allow the Spirit to work through me?

     If  I stop for a moment, and just listen to God’s voice He will make everything happen according to His will, which is far more amazing than what I think should happen. Putting the little things into God’s lap is sometimes even harder than the big things. As I was in confession last night the priest brought up Mary, he said to me "know that you are the daughter of God, ask Mary for consolation. You have been following God and you ARE good, stop worrying about the little things."

     When I stop being a worry wart and listen to Jesus, when I close my eyes and soak in His love…. All those problems go away! I just need to allow those stresses to go to the cross. I am just so darn stubborn that I want to take care of all these things myself on my time. But why? Jesus died for us, for you and I, so that we could be saved and dwell in His love for eternity. So WHY in the world am I always so stubborn about all these little things? When I stop and think about Mary's life I am amazed by her love and patience. How amazing it is that through watching her Son die on a cross, she had such love and knew God's plan was the way. 

     Jesus wants us all to give those things up to Him because obviously worrying is just something that takes up time and causes stress. These "issues" will be there if you worry or not, so why not rest in the glory and love that God has already given us and know that He will take care of us

     That is my challenge to myself for the week. Stop going crazy over things that are uncontrollable and let the only person who can actually control them, Jesus, take control. Just like Mary did. See the dog in the picture at the top? If only we could all rest under our Mother like that, knowing she will pray for us and extend her Son's graces without fail.
Take the week to really let God’s grace drown you,
“If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking”
Sink to the bottom of the ocean and let God overflow in you, without worrying about the small things.

Jesus I Trust in You...Jesus I Trust in You...Jesus I Trust in You...Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!