SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Monday, February 10, 2014

Let's pray for some nice weather!

When I joined SPIRITUS over a year and a half ago, I knew that I would grow a lot spiritually.  I knew that my prayer life would be extended, that I would be going to Mass most days, that I would be going to the sacrament of reconciliation more.  All of these things have definitely happened, but one thing that I was not expecting was to learn more about and fall in love with the many saints that we have in our Church.  I have found so many wonderful friends like Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati, St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Kateri Tekakwitha, St. Vincent DePaul and many more who draw me closer Jesus. 

Today at Mass I learned about St. Scholastica, who is the sister of St. Benedict. She is the founder of the women's branch of Benedictine Monasticism.  One day she met up with her brother and when St. Benedict indicated that it was time for him to leave she asked him to stay he said he had to get back to his monastery. St. Scholastica then put her head on the table and spent some time praying.  Then a wild storm started outside the guest house they were in. St. Benedict asked her what she had done, and she replied with, "I asked you and you would not listen; so I asked my God and he did listen." St. Benedict stayed with her and continued their conversation all night.  Three days later he saw his sisters soul leaving the earth and ascending to heaven. 

St. Scholastica teaches us the power of prayer, may we follow in her footsteps to trust completely in our Holy Father, and of course turn to St. Scholastica as we pray for some warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!