SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Monday, February 3, 2014

Exploring Wisconsin

Hello from a busy SPIRITUS team! We just finished up Catholic Schools Week which was awesome and we are getting ready for more amazing retreats ahead. There is such joy in doing God's work!

As I've been reflecting more and more on my time here on SPIRITUS, I have come to realize a really cool blessing about the ministry that isn't as noticeable. Since our team travels throughout the state, we get to see so many parts of Wisconsin. I'm from Appleton so I have been a Sconnie for life but to be honest, I haven't seen that much of Wisconsin. I have mostly stayed in my little Appleton bubble that extended to Madison when I went to UW-Madison for college. Even moving to Menasha (which is right next to Appleton) was a new experience for me. I hadn't really ever been to Menasha much growing up even though it was right next door.

Not only do we get to see all sorts of towns and cities of Wisconsin but we also get to visit so many different churches. It is cool to see the various designs and layouts of the parishes and how each has their own uniqueness to them. I love seeing all the stained glass windows, the statues, the tabernacles, and the crucifixes. Wow, I sound like a Catholic nerd! But I love it nonetheless. There are some beautiful churches all over the state and I'm glad I've gotten the opportunity to explore and see more of them over the past year and a half.

I also love to meet all the various priests at these churches. They all bring so much to the Church and I am so thankful to each and every one of them for showing the love of Christ every single day. SPIRITUS has helped me realize how amazing priests are and how lucky we are to have them!

I'm ending this post with all challenge for all you blog readers out there: go out and see the beauty of the churches right in your backyard and pray for all the priests who are leading them!

1 comment:

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!