SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Giving Thanks for These Experiences!

Hello blog readers!

As Thanksgiving was just last week I wanted to share something I’m thankful for. I’m thankful for all the great experiences I’ve had in this ministry, especially with youth ministry. I just wanted to share three quick experiences I’ve had recently with the youth we work with that have filled me with joy!

The first is a big one. I was lucky enough to be a chaperone on the pilgrimage to Indianapolis for the National Catholic Youth Conference in November. I can’t really describe it in words how amazing it was to be there. Over 23,000 high schoolers were there and they were beautiful examples of the Church today.  To be able to see the youth encounter Christ in such a personal way was beyond words. I could go on and on about NCYC but for now I’ll just end with a picture:



The second experience happened on Thanksgiving. I did the Turkey Trot (a two mile walk in downtown Appleton) with my family early Thanksgiving morning. As I was walking, one of the middle schoolers from St. Patrick’s recognized me and we started walking together. We ended up walking most of the two miles together all while talking and laughing. It was a simple experience but a great reminder to me how blessed I am to be able to do youth ministry with such great students!

The last experience was on Sunday when Jared and I were lucky enough to go to an Eagle Scout ceremony for one of the teens who we have come to know through SPIRITUS. The ceremony was wonderful and it was great to hear about his accomplishments. He even made a rosary walk for his Eagle Scout project – how awesome is that?! I’m thankful that I could be there to see him receive such a high honor!


These may be simple experiences but they are why I love this ministry. It’s why I love working with the youth. For moments like these. I’m excited for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!