SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Thursday, March 28, 2013

To Know Jesus

"To know Jesus, to hear Jesus, to love Jesus, to trust Jesus, to obey Jesus, to share his life in the deepest fiber of our being, and then to serve him in his people -- this is our goal."  This quote was made by Cardinal Dolan in his book that is addressed to priests, but it is very relevant to every Catholic.  So many times in my life I have professed to know Jesus, to love Jesus, to trust Jesus and so on yet I am farther away on the path to heaven then when I first started.  I have studied about Jesus, but never really got to know Him.  I have talked about Jesus, but never really talked to Him.  Basically I have been going through the motions for most of my life.  

Thankfully, I came on SPIRITUS which has radically changed my lifestyle both physically and spiritually.  I am now on a daily regimen of morning and evening prayer, daily Mass and spiritual formation weekly.  Yes it was hard for the last 7 months facing the demons that have haunt me for trying to change my life since I have been in SPIRITUS, but with persistence and trust in the Lord I know that He is transforming me here.  I made a General Confession the other day where I divulged to the priest my whole life story and it was amazing though pretty nerve-whacking.  I feel a lot better and already on a better path.  I just say take it one day at a time.  Praise the Lord and let us follow the Cardinal's advice and strive to put Jesus at the center of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!