SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Power of the Holy Spirit

So yesterday was my 2nd year anniversary of receiving the sacrament of Confirmation! How awesome, right?!


It's pretty wild to think that I've only really been an adult in the Catholic Church for the past 2 years even though I'm 23 years old and had a conversion of heart back when I was 18. It took me FOREVER to finally receive Confirmation.  But God has quickly transformed my life because I chose to be anointed by the Holy Spirit.

First of all, I would not be apart of SPIRITUS if it were not for the Holy Spirit. By the power of the Holy Spirit, I have been able to stand up to nearly 5,000 youth over these past few months and witness to each and every one of them about my faith. I have been able to pray one-on-one with them, praise the Lord, laugh, cry, and just go crazy. All of this was not normal behavior for me before I came back to the faith.

I was an extremely selfish person growing up. I did not care or think about anyone but myself and what made me happy. This way of living left me feeling empty and alone. Not to mention, I had given my heart to a guy way before I even knew was love was. After he left me, I felt even more empty and alone. I had no idea what to do, where to go, who to trust. I found myself at a crossroads--either fall back into my selfish ways or live for something greater. I chose the second path, led by the Holy Spirit.

I am not a saint, at least not yet :P, but one day I hope to be. Being led by the Holy Spirit with our the Catholic faith is the best way to achieve that goal. The "rules" and "laws" of the Catholic Church are a roadmap that will lead us to Heaven, if we chose to follow them. And of course there is freedom within this that people don't understand! Because God is Love, and love is free.

So before we enter into this Easter Triduum, I challenge whoever is reading this right now to give your life to the Spirit and see where He leads you. Yes, it's a scary road, but think of it as a roller coaster--it has it's ups and downs, but at the end of the ride, you want to hop on for another go.

May the Peace of Christ enter your hearts during this Easter season.

+JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!