SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Holy Spirit

 If you know anything about my faith life, you probably know I am obsessed with the Holy Spirit. Every Catholic tends to have their "thing" they gravitate to. All the saints had a devotion to something... Well my heart lies with the Holy Spirit (which is no surprise to me considering the Spirit is literally the love between the Father and Son - so why wouldn't my heart want to be there?) The way I see it, when it comes to my spiritual life, if I am listening to the Holy Spirit, can anything really 'go wrong'? And let me just add into this mini speech that SPIRITUS means spirit, the breath of God. If I let the breath of God guide me, I think I should have some good understanding on what to do considering He created us all with His breath. 

Beyond my obsession though, I am writing about the Spirit because it is so good to me. I am in a deep love, a trance of grace, whenever I allow myself to melt into the Spirit's embrace. How beautiful is that? In this ministry the Spirit is so powerful. During retreats it is so amazing how I can feel the Spirit there, so excited to work through each team member (as well as the students themselves). 

 From one vessel of God to another, allow the Spirit to lead everything you do. Listen when you are being called on, and do not shy away. God calls you for greatness, not fear. Speak His words to others! 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law - Galatians 5:22-23

I pray you may come to know the Spirit as I have, to me there is no better love,
Layne 



This light gave me a glimpse of the very truth that all my efforts to bring souls to know the mercy of the Lord are very pleasing to God. And from this springs such great joy in my soul that I do not know whether it could be any greater in heaven, Oh, if souls would only be willing to listen, at least a little, to the voice of the conscience and the voice - that is, the inspirations - of the Holy Spirit! I say "at least a little" because once we open ourselves to the influence of the Holy Spirit, He Himself will fulfill what is lacking in us.
- St. Faustina's Diary, 359

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!