SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Day in the Life of the SPIRITUS Team: Wednesday Edition


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What I do on Wednesday mornings to start my day is one of my favorites. Some of the team has started going to St. Mary Central High School in Menasha on Wednesday mornings for Mass. They have an optional Mass every Wednesday morning at 7:07 called the 707 Zephyr Train to Heaven. It is there that we get to see some of the students that came to our Bible study on Monday and other students that we have had on retreat. It is also an opportunity to see our chaplain for SPIRITUS, Father Schuster…he always has awesome homilies! After Mass and chatting with students, we head back to Mount Tabor for silent prayer and Morning Prayer in the chapel. We are lucky enough to have a tabernacle right here in Mount Tabor so whenever I want to spend time with Jesus I can walk down the hall and see Him. One of the best parts of SPIRITUS is being able to live right upstairs from Jesus in the tabernacle.

The rest of the morning and afternoon was work time for all of us on the team. For me, that meant that I got materials ready for the weekend’s upcoming retreats and then I did one of my favorite tasks, stuffing Mass Appeal brochures. Throughout the year, we travel to different parishes and stand up in front during Mass telling parishioners about the ministry and asking for their support. While this may seem intimidating to stand up in front of Mass, I actually really enjoy this part of the ministry! After Mass Appeal brochure stuffing, the youth ministry team had a meeting to discuss and plan our upcoming event with the middle schoolers on Friday. Jared, Kate and I met with Katherine to talk about anything and everything youth ministry related.

This evening part of the team headed to St. John Nepomucene in Little Chute for two retreats, one for fifth and sixth graders and the other for seventh and eighth graders. Those students had a ton of fun with the crazy, energetic SPIRITUS team! Since we do many retreats, many times our team has to split into halves or thirds. This means that sometimes some of us are on retreat while the rest of us are off to prep any upcoming retreats or spend time in some much needed rest. Kate and I were not on the retreats tonight so we decided to head to St. Bernard’s in Appleton for their dinner in between Faith Formation classes. St. Bernard’s is the parish that I grew up in and my parents still are parishioners there so it was great to see my mom as well as other friends I have made there. After St. Bernard’s it was back to Mount Tabor to relax and head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!