SPIRITUS Team 8

SPIRITUS Team 8

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Loving the Littles...and the bigger ones too

Peace to you, bloggers! God love you!

We've done a few 5th grade retreats lately, and one of the schools recently sent us thank you notes. Here's one awesome one from a 5th grader:

"Dear Spiritus,
Thank you so much for letting us come and learn about God. Before this retreat I used to wonder is there really a Jesus and God? Is God always with me? Now I know there is a God and Jesus, and God is always with me no matter what.
Thank you so much Spiritus."

Amazing, right? God is really working in these retreats, whether we recognize it in the moment or not!

I also had a good moment in a recent small group. I asked them how a relationship with God would change their lives. One boy said, "I would probably try to help my friend more." I asked him what he meant by that, and he told me that his friend's parents were not there for him, and he just felt alone and unsupported. I guess the guy figured out that knowing God is knowing love. I profoundly saw the love of our Father in that answer.

O man, two weeks left...less. God still has much in store for us. Praise the Lord for all that He has done, all the love He has poured out on us, and for the grace to SEE HIM!

Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We appreciate hearing from you!